|COA Lot# S374.S7.102621
Creatine is an amino acid that has an important role in cellular energy metabolism. It is present either as a free form or creatine phosphate in mammalian tissues such as liver, kidneys, muscle, brain, and blood. Creatine has been used to treat or prevent several neuromuscular conditions. Immunoassay can be a great method of detecting creatine. However, creatine is difficult to modify due to its intrinsic characteristics. Since Creatine is a very small molecule it is generally very difficult to generate an antibody that binds strongly to the protein for detection. CellMosaic’s BSA-creatine conjugate is designed with a flexible linker of optimal length (8-atom length, L8) and a labeling chemistry that does not interfere with creatine binding. Each lot of the conjugate consists of an optimally loaded BSA with (8-15) creatine molecules per BSA molecule as determined by mass spectrometry.
The product is sold as 1 vial of 0.5 mg (Cat# CM52132-0.5MG). For bulk orders, please contact us for a quote.
- Suitable for antibody production and creatine assay development
Key Features of this BSA Creatinine Conjugate
- Frozen liquid in PBS buffer. Ready to use directly after defrosting.
- Long Flexible linker and non-interfering labeling chemistry for easy access
- Optimal loading with average of 8-15 creatine molecules per BSA for strong binding with low background. See each lot for specific loading.
- Concentration accurately determined by UV/HPLC
- Loading accurately determined by MS
Example 1: MALDI-TOF MS analysis of BSA (left) and BSA Creatine L8 (Lot#:s6.0809. Number of Creatine molecules: 12.7) (right) (Intact MS).