MMAE (monomethyl auristatin E) is an antimitotic agent that binds to tubulin and inhibits the assembly of microtubules. Mc-VC-PAB-MMAE is a thiol reactive derivative of MMAE that contains a cathepsin B cleavable valine-citruline p-aminobenzylcarbamate linkage (VC-PAB). Mc-VC-PAB-MMAE is used to prepare antibody-drug conjugates, such as brentuximab vedotin (Seattle Genetics).
This product is a control ADC for any IgG type antibody labeled with MMAE, particularly any ADC made using CellMosaic's Antibody MMAE Conjugation Kit (Cat#: CM11409). The product uses a human IgG1 subtype antibody that does not bind to the target. It has an average 4 MMAE loaded on each antibody and can be used for accessing the effect of MMAE alone (non-specific toxicity). The product uses a very low endotoxin level antibody as a starting material (≤0.5 EU/mg by the LAL method). The preparation and purification are conducted under pyrogen free environment. The final product is assayed for endotoxin to make sure it is suitable for cell culture and animal studies. The loading is confirmed by various methods including UV, HPLC, and difference MALDI-TOF MS.
The final conjugate is lyophilized from phosphate buffered saline containing sugar-based stabilizer for easy shipping and storage.
The product is sold as 1 vial of 100 microgram (Cat# CM51100-100UG), 1 vial of 500 microgram (Cat# CM51100-500UG), or 2 vials of 500 microgram (Cat# CM51100-1MG). For bulk orders, please contact us for a quote.
- Chemical name: ADC Control hIgG1-MMAE
- Chemical formula: N/A
- Molecular weight: 152KDa CAS number: N/A
Specification (current COA)
- Physical appearance: Colorless to white lyophilized powder in a microcentrifuge tube
- Storage temp.: -20°C
- Purity: ≥99% of MMAE labeled antibody by SEC HPLC, free of any unreacted MMAE
- Endotoxin Level: ≤0.5 EU/mg by the LAL method
- Drug over antibody ratio (DAR): ~4 by UV ratio, HIC HPLC, and difference MALDI-TOF MS
- Immunogen: HEL (Hen Egg Lysozyme)
- Species Reactivity: chicken
- Expression Host: CHO-S cell line
- Class: Human IgG1, Kappa
- Antibody Type: Monoclonal
- Applications: ELISA, FACS, IF, IHC, in vivo studies, IP, WB
- Purification Method: Affinity purified
Antibody MMAE Conjugation Kit (With VC-PAB Linkage) (Product #: CM11409): ADC kit designed for labeling any IgG type antibody with MMAE using a cleavable VC-PAB linker for early stage screening of customer's antibody.